Mekong in your eyesfrom
A magical experience to Mekong Delta within 3 days, especially overnight trip at homestay . You will have a chance to enjoy the whole view of four islands: Unicorn, Dragon, Turtle and Phoenix. Besides, traditional handicraft villages await you in Vinh Long.
|1||Start from Saigon, visit Dragon Island, listen to traditional music and take hourse-carriage. Overnight at homestay|
|2||Drive to Vinh Long, visit Cai Be floating market and handicraft village. Overnight at homestay on An Binh Island|
|3||Visit Vinh Long market then drive back to Saigon|
– Cai Be floating market in Tien Giang.
– Unique traditional music
– Comfortable homestay.
Duration : 3 days 2 nights.
Tour code : AS3B
Accommodation : homestay
Meals : 2 Breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 Dinners.
Group size: Min 2; Max 16
Start city : Saigon
End city : Saigon
Transportation : private van/bus, boat
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeDiscovery, Family, Short Break Tour
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Medium Group
SAIGON-MY THO (L, D)
- 00 depart HCMC hotel for the drive through the beautiful agricultural area known as the fruit bowl of Vietnam – Me Kong Delta
- 00: Arrive My Tho town and a boat trip takes you across the River to explore the myriad of estuaries and islands. You will have an opportunity to see fish farms, floating market along the Dragon Island on the way. Through Xep canal in Ben Tre (coconut land) to see coconut collection sets an how the local people make handicrafts from coconut trunk and shell. Enjoying seasonal fruits and listening to traditional music. Take the horse-carriage on the village path and stop at Mr. Ba Phat Orchard, taste honey with tea or win. See bees-breeding in wooden boxes under longan trees.
- Take rowing-boat along canal under two rows of water coconut then arrive a coconut candy workshop to taste coconut candy (local special product) and visit how to make coconut candy step by step.
- Having lunch on island. After lunch, you can choose one options below:
- OPTION 01: Taking the motor-cart to homestay. During the motor-cart around the path in village, tourist can visit coconut farm and rice file (or visit how local people live in the countryside).
- OPTION 02: Taking the boat to An Khanh village and walking along the path under coconut shade to enjoy very cool and fresh air of countryside. Then passing monkey bridge to homestay.
- At homestay, you can learn how to pack and make coconut cake by yourself and taste it.
- Overnight at homestay.
MY THO – VINH LONG (B, L, D)
- After having breakfast at homestay, we will visit the local market by bike and take the boat back to My Tho City.
- Disembark and transfer to Vinh Long by car.
- 11:00: Arrive Cai Be and begin with a boat trip on Me Kong river to visit Cai Be colorful floating market, cruising among local barges full of fruits and vegetables by the luxury boat of Mekong Travel.
- Then, an optional stop can be made at local workshops where you can see how to make rice paper, coconut candy and pop-rice, pop-corn …
- It is so interesting to visit the handicraft village where you can see how they make some special products: making rice-net for spring-rolls, fish sauce & Soya sauce, cooking salt, sewing coconut-leaves for cottage roof…
- The best lunch will be served at local house.
- After lunch, the rowing boat will take you deeper into the countryside on smaller canals and to enjoy the peaceful time. It is so interesting to see traditional houses made of wood and palm tree leaves and see some activities of the local farmers with an opportunity to make contacts with them and see how they catch fish or pick up fruits by ancestral ways in Mekong Delta..
- Then, we visit nursery garden for you to contact the real famous farmers – Mr Tiger or his son who is very successful in Vietnam agriculture.
- Have some fruits and tea when enjoying the traditional music at Ut Trinh home.
- Check in Ut Trinh home-stay (or other home-stay on An Binh Island).
- One more thing to do in this trip is biking! It will be so amazing to bike on village paths to see the local farms, houses, real life and the ancestral ways to pick up fruits in Mekong Delta. After that we will have a chance to cook some dishes with the owners. We enjoy diner and have cup of tea or rice wine when talking together. You can ask the locals about the culture, people and history of this Island. They do not mind to answer some personal questions. Overnight in a private room of local house
VINH LONG – SAI GON (B)
- After breakfast a visit to a brick kilns where you can see how the local people create beautiful potteries from clay. The boat will go along the floating village. We will learn how to farm catfish on Mekong river. We can visit Vinh Long market in the town. This is the best choice for you to take pictures of fish, shrimps, prawns, crabs, snakes, rice-field rats, tropical fruits, vegetables…
- The cruise will end at Vinh Long city
- 00: begin the journey back to Ho Chi Minh City, arriving into Ho Chi Minh City late afternoon
- Note: Your accommodation is simple but the experience unforgettable with amazing local cuisine to end a perfect day. Sleeping arrangements are basic with shared facilities (cold shower/toilet) and canvas stretcher type beds with blanket and mosquito net.