Cai Be and Cai Rang floating markets are famous for its everyday trading. Many local products are sold here and in particular a large variety of fruits, some of which you might have never seen before. There are small boats offering all kinds of snacks and local soups from which you can get your early breakfast.
|1||Start from Saigon, visit Cai Be floating market and cruise along Tien River. Then drive to Can Tho|
|2||Visit Cai Rang floating market.
Drive to Chau Doc. Visit floating fishing village and Sam mountain.
|3||Comeback to Saigon|
– Cai Be floating market in Tien Giang
– Cai Rang floating market in Can Tho
– Cruising along waterways lined by villages and fruit farms.
– Sam mountain – the highest mountain in the Mekong Delta
Duration : 3 days 2 nights.
Tour code : AS3A
Accommodation : 3*hotels or 4* hotels
Meals : 2 Breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 Dinner.
Group size: Min 2; Max 16
Start city : Saigon
End city : Saigon
Transportation : private van/bus, boat
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Discovery, Short Break Tour
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Medium Group
SAIGON-VINH LONG- CAN THO - 180 km (L, D)
- Depart at 08:00 from your HCMC hotel for the journey to Cai Be floating market where we board our boat with around 4 hour cruising. Here approximately 30 – 50 boats filled with fruits, vegetables and other products anchor along the banks of the river daily selling their wares. The merchandise sold in each boat is hung on a high pole in front of the boat as a sample to attract customers from a distance. Then you will visit a local orchard, rice crisped producing process and local houses. After lunch cruise along Tien River to see peaceful tranquil life of villagers, admire the natural vegetation the Mekong Delta is renowned for, you then drive to Can Tho and on arrival check into your hotel.
- Dinner at local restaurant.
CAN THO – CHAU DOC (B, L)
- After breakfast ( or before for the early risers ) ,travel by boat about 2 hours to the biggest floating market in the Me Kong, Cai Rang floating market. A lot of photo opportunities are waiting for you as you witness the daily ritual of the markets. Drive back to hotel; enjoy the high classes facilities there.
- At 11pm , check out for the drive to Chau Doc approximately 120 km. Lunch on the way .
- Arrive Chau Doc around 3pm , check into your hotel, We then travel by boat to a floating fishing village to see how the local people breed Cat fish – the most exported product of this province . Then it is back to town for a visit to the holy temple where the locals worship the Goddess of Chau Doc town, followed by a drive to the summit of Sam mountain with views stretching across to Cambodia.
CHAU DOC -SAI GON- 220km (B)
After breakfast either journey back to Ho Chi Minh or you may choose to continue onto Cambodia.